For those in our audience who are already in transition or about to be, the major question facing many in the military is “What’s Next for Me?”. Peggy and Linda will describe the steps necessary to identify, target and land the job or career you really want.
Don’t get caught in the trap of an attractive salary to find yourself miserable in the every day job. That happens to too many people who allow fear, uncertainty and doubt guide them into a job based on compensation versus finding fulfilling attributes in the work.
Historically, we know 9-15% of veterans leaving active duty will choose an entrepreneurial path. Before you take that journey, be sure that’s what you really want by listening to Peggy and Linda.
Remember it’s “BE, DO, HAVE” and not “DO, HAVE, BE”.
BE, DO, HAVE:
- BE who you really are: Be honest with yourself and what you like to do and what you don’t like to do.
- DO what you do best: Know your strengths, skills, interests and apply them in your work.
- HAVE the life you’ve always wanted: Be clear about what you’re trying to achieve and by when.
Avoid DO, HAVE, BE:
- DO what you think is expected by others.
- To HAVE all the trappings of success.
- To BE the person you think you should be, you’ll only end up unhappy and bitter.
Tune in to the “Developing Your Dream Job” teleseminar on June 25th, from 7 to 9 pm Eastern as the first step.
Register here: http://peoplegrowthllc.com/dreamcareer
Peggy Titus Hall is a certified professional co-active coach, focusing on communications and career transition. With over 20 years experience in training, facilitation and career development, Peg’s personal mission is to help people realize what is truly possible in their careers and in their lives. Peggy recommends reading, “Brag!: The Art of Tooting Your Own Horn Without Blowing It” by author Peggy Klaus.
Linda Minnick is a certified life coach, motivational speaker, certified sales trainer and entrepreneur. She has been involved in coaching and training for more than 25 years. As a true believer and practitioner of transformational thinking, Linda presents the power of creating your own life in various fashions to individuals and groups across the country.